Monday, February 23, 2015

My Last Email as a Missionary

February 23, 2015

Just a quick note before you read Logans email.  His Homecoming is March 8th in the Circleville 1st Ward at 10:00 am.   He will also speak in the Beaver Fourth Ward on March 29 at 11:00 am.  Thank you all so much for you support of Logan while he has served,  We love you all!

Good morning
I am sorry I wasnt able to email last week, first we didnt have any signal and the internet was no good and than when we went in the evening after going out and teaching, and right when we were going to get on, the Power got turned off, yeah here in Ghana we call lights on and lights off, Dumpso Dumpso.... Happens a lot, not a big deal, I look at it like unto Aaron and his Brethren, they went through a lot, while in their challenges they relied upon the Lord and they had great Success. I am leaving Africa with one last baptism and confirmation, Seth Mireku was able to baptize the 15th and than on the 22 he received the Holy Ghost. Was a great Experience really I will never forget the Spirit that I felt that day. Well Mom and everyone This will be my  last email to anyone, as a missionary, next week I will get on to check your final Email mom. We had a powerful Morning Teaching, We finished around 2 and came into Kumasi to Eat some good food with friends. Great Memory. I really cant explain what I am feeling, more like a Spiritual High, and at the same time, I am getting Excited for the Departure back to The USA. Well I can put it this way, Liberia Was a Fruitful Field and Ghana Is a Stone cutters yard, When comparing it with Teaching the Gospel, I feel like I have come to this area to Sow much It wasn't for me to Reap, Though I have seen great Reaping of My sowing, I know the work will continue and March  is a baptism packed month for my area, people we have been working with are now oh so close to their Baptisms. This week I am doing my best to keep My Heart on the Savior, and my Purpose as a Missionary. The week will Go by super fast, Im not ready yet, I feel like the Work has just begun, I have much more to do........ I love this land of Beauty, I love the Saints that Sacrifice much so they can follow their Savior and His Example. 
 I will Know I will be forever Strong in the Faith of Jesus Christ. He is my Exemplar, My King, My God, I am indebted to Him for Eternity to all Eternity, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Church of the First born, I Know this Gospel is true. I know God Loves all his Children. I know That the Book of Mormon is the Most Correct book of any book on the Earth, And that a man can and will draw closer to God by abiding to its precepts, It is the Word of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a True Prophet of God, I know that Missionary Work is Divine, it is the Work of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know Prayer is sacred, It is the most sacred of communications in our lives and it should always be treated as such. I know that Mission is for those who are worthy and Able and especially it is more than a Duty for young men, it is a PRIVILEGE. I know that God wants us to be happy, and we can be through our Faith, Diligence, and Obedience to His Commands. I know my family Will be together FOREVER. I know that Jesus Christ is the Living Son of the Living God, our Redeemer, Savior, our Elder Brother, who loves us so much that He took upon Him the sins of the world, that those who do Love him will have Eternal Life, I know that Eternal Life is the greatest Gifts God can Give to his Children. I am always a Disciple of the Most High and will strive to become perfect Even as He is. I will Be forever thankful for the Time I have been blessed to give to These African People. They are so Happy and so Courageous in the Faith. One day I will return to this Magnificent Place. My beloved Family and Friends, Let us all Strive Daily to Improve our Efforts in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those around us, I know as we do it in Faith that God will Provide a Way to Accomplish it. My time is up here at the Cafe, I will see you in I think its 9 days haha I'm not counting. God be with you all. 
Love Elder Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment