Monday, December 9, 2013

This Week was GREAT!

December 9, 2013


Hello Family and friends
This week was great, we ended with Brother Steven Quayeson getting baptized and receving the Holy Ghost, was an awesome day, and I am grateful that I was able to start teaching Steven and then to baptize him, especially after all the time we have put in with him. It was a beautiful Miracle, we have now started teaching his girlfriend who lives like 4 miles away in Elder Zauggs and Elder Humpherys area, so hopefully something will happen for her and she will act on her faith. We taught a lot more people this week, President Kirkham has made our area bigger, and has counciled us to focus more on the area he has chosen, we have more members to work with us in our lessons, and a lot of people who want to be taught.   So we are expecting a great push to get those who are ready,  in the waters of Mormon and than we will really start to focus more on those who are taking it small small. We have another baptism planned on the 21 of DEC,  Sylvester Johnson.  So things are getting more victorious in our area :).   I am Felling old Especially since Sunday, I reached 9 Months on my  mission, its almost that year mark and wow time is flying by it is incredible, I am excited for my Birthday though.  Thanks everyone for the B-day wishes, also mom My birthday package has come :) I kinda peeked in side a lot but yeah, thank you.   I do feel so old though,  I always dreamed about being 18 and 19 but never 20 hahaha and now here we are, or here I am in AFRICA 7,000 miles away from home.   Awwww sweet thanks for the pictures, especially of the snow, that is so sweet, cant wait to experience it again.   Good job Benton in Wrestling this week, thanks for the Pics of him MOM, my lil bro tearin it up in Panguitch.    My Companion is doing great as well, we are keeping on each others backs and pushing each other to do better love the Guy.  How sweet congrats on the Baby Boy, Ben and Emilee.   So its really cool the city put a big Christmas tree up so when we walk to our area we get to see it every day,  it reminds me of home not gooona lie,  but it also reminds me whyI am here in Liberia.  So my miracle this week out of many, we came in contact with a less active Melchizedek Priesthood holder who was a member before the war, but he has been afraid to come back to the church just cause he didnt know if it would be the same, I told him that GOD is the same yesterday, today and for ever, and that God still loves all of us, we talked with him for a while, but we were able to help him gain confidence and come back to church, HE came!!! he is a powerful man, and his spirit is strong, I don't know why people get so scared to not come back to the love of Christ and be active in the church again, thats crazy, when you come unto the Lord keep your faith in him, just cause some one doesn't help you in the church doesn't mean that Jesus Christ is going to do the same.   Keep a hold of the Iron Rod and push forward and keep your faith in him. Sorry tantrum ;) Anyways my week was great I am excited to work hard this week and help others gain faith to come unto our Savior and Redeemer.  This church is true and I cant express truly my feeling in words of how amazing and beautiful this Missionary service is that I get to be a part of,  Everyone have a great week I Love you all Almost as much as the savior, :) Love Elder Erickson  
 
 
These two pictures are from their district conference held with Elder Dube a couple of weeks ago.  The pictures and captions come from the liberia-monrovia mission blog.

Historic: 144 brethren sustained to receive Melchizedek Priesthood in two Liberian District Conferences

 

Historic Bushrod Island District Conference - Over 1200 in attendance

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment